Alzheimer’s disease is a neurodegenerative disease that causes progressive and irreversible loss of mental functions, in particular memory. The symptoms are: memory loss, difficulty to perform everyday tasks, mood and behaviour disorders, mislaying objects.
The Memory Consultation centre specialises in the treatment of pathologies affecting the memory and/or other cognitive (orientation, language, calculation, praxis, gnosis, executive function and attention) and behavioural functions. It plays an essential role in diagnosing Alzheimer’s disease.
This consultation is multidisciplinary and supervized by neurologists. It combines:
- An in-depth neurological and neuropsychological assessment
- Further exams if necessary (biological check-up, brain imaging, etc.)
- Personalized therapy (drug therapy, neuropsychological therapy, speech therapy, etc.)
- Medical and welfare information for the patient, his or her relatives, and the general practitioner
- Regular follow-up and check-ups
At the heart of the Neurocentre GSMN, the Memory Consultation centre brings together a large number of medical specialities revolving around neurology.
To make an appointment, please call our medical secretariat at +44 21 962 37 01.
Clinics with this speciality