Orthopaedic and osteo-articular rehabilitation concerns patients with degenerative or inflammatory diseases of the bones and/or joints. It is also used after a fracture, with or without the implantation of a prosthetic device. Diseases of the musculoskeletal system typically occur after an acute illness, an accident or a scheduled surgery.
Our rehabilitation specialist liaises closely with the orthopaedic surgeons and the rheumatologists. Clinique Valmont’s medical team is rounded out by a multidisciplinary rehabilitation team, including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, sports coaches, speech therapists, neuropsychologists, a dietician and specialized nurses. They offer personalized services designed to make patients more autonomous and independent and to give them the means to adapt to their disability in the best possible conditions.
The main indications for treatment by rehabilitation are:
- prosthetic surgery (hip, knee and shoulder)
- trauma surgery (hip, pelvis, ankle fractures)
- multiple trauma victims
Concerning the spine:
- postoperative care after herniated disc surgery
- postoperative care after lumbar arthrodesis (lumbar fusion) surgery
- postoperative care after spinal canal surgery
- inoperable conditions such as chronic low back pain
Other medical conditions treated:
- inflammatory rheumatism such as rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia.
Depending on their individual case, patients are admitted as inpatients or outpatients.
They are assessed and trained in various daily activities (washing, dressing, preparing and eating meals, etc.) and their motor skills are rehabilitated (strength, mobility, dexterity, sensitivity). Patients are given advice on postural hygiene (spinal pain, THP (total hip replacement), polymyalgia rheumatica).
Activities are customized and patients can work in individual or group sessions.
Clinic with this speciality