Adapted physical activity (APA)
Coached by a qualified APA trainer, adapted physical activity offers sports activities and strengthening exercises that are specifically adjusted to meet the physical capacities, expectations, needs and psychological condition of each patient. APA is an integral part of all orthopedic, neurological and respiratory rehabilitation processes. Each personalized physical exercise program is focused on attaining the therapeutic objectives defined by our team of medical rehabilitation specialists and physiotherapists.
The aims and objectives of ATA are to:
- Enhance the patient's physical condition (muscular strength, cardio-respiratory endurance and flexibility)
- Improve balance, posture, coordination and hip and shoulder dissociation
- Stimulate cognitive capacities, reactivity and visual-spatial information processing (perceive and process information)
- Rediscover the pleasure of movement, well-being and the taste for physical effort
- Improve emotional potential (motivation, self-confidence)
Adapted physical activity plays an important supportive role in rehabilitation care and is targeted at stimulating and revitalizing patients. Sports practice after returning home is also strongly encouraged.
APA care includes individual and group sports therapy as well as aqua gym sessions. Therapies are specifically destined for post-orthopedic surgery rehabilitation for patients with knee, hip or shoulder prosthesis or those suffering from different spinal disorders. They are also tailored for the neurological rehabilitation of patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis as well as spinal cord injuries and cerebrovascular or heart attack victims. APA sessions can also be beneficial in respiratory rehabilitation.
In order to achieve the objectives set by the medico-therapeutic team, our sports coaches use different muscle-building devices or tools and call upon varied sports activities to:
- Develop endurance through the use of exercise bikes, elliptical cross trainers, a rowing machine and treadmills, including Alter G that enables partial body weight discharge. Supervised Nordic-walking or walking is also available.
- Improve strength through the use of different weight machines and also dumbbell, elastic and other muscle building accessory activities
- Increase coordination and balance or simply for fun by proposing a variety sports activities such as table tennis, football, petanque, darts, archery and even wall climbing.
Thanks to an ultra-modern technical platform, equipped with state-of-the-art muscle strengthening devices, our sports coaches offer bespoke physical training in optimal safety conditions.
Bassin thérapeutique : connaissez-vous les bienfaits de la réadaptation en piscine ?
Dans le cadre de la rééducation orthopédique et neurologique, la Clinique Valmont propose à ses patients des thérapies en piscine, notamment...
Read more about this
Dans le cadre de la rééducation orthopédique et neurologique, la Clinique Valmont propose à ses patients des thérapies en piscine, notamment lors des séances de physiothérapie et d'activité physique adaptée.
Les thérapies en milieu aquatique permettent, entre autres, de travailler en décharge corporelle - c'est-à-dire sans le poids du corps -, d’améliorer la mobilité, de développer l’endurance, d’apaiser les douleurs et de favoriser la détente musculaire et la relaxation.
En savoir plus : https://bit.ly/3cVoRR4
Clinic with this speciality