The Memory Check-up aims to detect pathologies affecting memory and/or other cognitive functions (orientation, language, arithmetic, praxis, gnosis, executive functions and attentional control) and behavioural functions. It plays an essential role in the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease, a neurodegenerative disease that causes progressive and irreversible loss of mental functions, in particular memory. Symptoms include memory loss, difficulty to perform everyday tasks, mood and behaviour disorders and forgetting where objects were placed.
The multidisciplinary check-up is performed under the supervision of our team of neurologists and includes the following:
- In-depth neurological and neuropsychological assessment
- Further medical examinations, if necessary (biological check-up, brain imaging, etc.)
- Personalized therapy (drug therapy, neuropsychological therapy, speech therapy, etc.)
- Medical and welfare information for the patient, close family and the general practitioner
- Regular follow-up and check-ups
The Memory Check-up is a core discipline within the Neurocentre GSMN, which brings together a broad scope of medical neurological specialities.
For appointments, please call our medical reception desk at +41 21 962 37 01.